Friday, September 11, 2009

My Little Angel








Cullan had a rough night last night and did not sleep much. He has had a much better morning and is now out cold. I gave him his very first sponge bath and hair wash. Being a Mom is the most wonderful blessing imaginable. I am able to move around more today and go up and down the stairs. I must say my labor experience was extremely unpleasant, not that anyone has a great experience I am sure!! In the 12th hour of Labor my epidural wore off in the middle of a shift change and I found myself cussing and screaming for the doctor. At the same time my body began pushing and my doctor could not be found. I had the most wonderful nurse who stood by my side through it all and did everything she could for me. About 5 mins after I had drugs again my doctor came in and the complications began. Only the right side of my cervix was 9 centimeters dilated, the left side was only at a 6. So, my body wanted to push but Cullan was stuck in my pelvis on one side and his heart rate was spiking to 200. Then I spiked over a 101 Fever and the Doc said "That is It, time for a C Section". Now that I am home I am able to start caring for him more and not constantly having to be cared for. I absolutely love my precious Angel and Cant wait for everyone to meet him.

Here are pictures from Day 2 at home including his first sponge bath and sleeping like an angel.

3 comments:

  1. Love looking at all the pictures.. We are now trying to see if we leave earlier on Wed. It would tough looking at the computer and wanted to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,Chris and Cullan
    Just viewed the pictures of your new baby boy. He is so handsome, and so alert. I don't think you know me, I'm Cindy LaCon( Sandy's Sister.) Sandy sent me the email. I was in Texas when your Uncle Mike got the call from your grandma. I had a wonderful 12 day vacation in Texas. Had lunch with your Mother and Grandma and James. They were all so excited, but I never thought I'd be home a month till he made his appearance!Congradulations, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, Chris and Cullan.
    The pictures are great! As we have the flu, I can't show Ann the pictures and videos, and she's having a fit. Aunt Bernice keeps calling Ann to have her look at the pics, so tell your granny that we have to get well before we have Ann over to see the pictures!! Take care, we love you! Alan, Jenny and Kyle (and Dee Dee)

    ReplyDelete